direct sales

Why Writing Down Goals for your Business is Important!

Why writng down Goals is important for your business - The Radiant Sparkle

This post may contain affiliate links.  Read the full disclosure here.

Every single business whether you are just starting out or you have been in business for years needs to have goals written down in order to track your success and keep moving forward.

Having both a long term and short term goals and a plan of how you are going to achieve your goals is important for any successful business plan.

Do you shoot an arrow and expect it to reach the target without aiming first.

No, of course not.

Why writting down your goals for your business is important.

Have you set written goals and created a plan for their attainment?

Dreams without a plan are just pipe dreams that may or may not be accomplished.

Harvard Business School did a study where they analyzed the graduating class to determine how many had set goals and had a plan to accomplish them.   They were asked how many had clear written goals for their future and  if they had specific plans to transform those plans into reality.

The result of that study was that only 3% had written goals and plans to accomplish them.  13% had goals in their minds but had not written them down. 84% had no goals at all.

After 10 years the same group was interviewed again and the conclusion of their findings are will blow your mind.

Listen to this!

The 13% that had goals but had not written them down earned twice the amount of the 84% who had no goals.

The 3% who had written their goals were earning ten times as much as the other 97% combined.

There is something powerful about writing down your dreams, goals and visions.  A dream without a plan equals poor performance.

The Importance of Writting your Goals Down

Are you set up for Success?

Download this free PDF to starting writing down your business goals.

S.M.A.R.T Goals

To keep the momentum up in keeping track of my goals I love using the planners from Day Designer.  Check them out for yourself and see which one might be a good fit for you and your business.

This year I decided to give the IBloom Planners a try and I am loving it so far.  It has a pocket in the front flap to keep special documents you may need.  There are also multiple pages dedicated just to goal tracking. I can easily track my monthly or weekly to do's in well organized tabs.  At the end of the year there is a page dedicated to accomplishments and if you made your goal.  This is awesome!  Everything I need all in one planner.

I love hearing from you.  What are some other ways you are going to make this a year of great success?

 


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *